Here are some incontrovertible facts:
- Without returnability your book will not be stocked by the chain stores.
- PODs do not allow you to buy your own book at a rate that will allow you to make it profitable to sell them yourself.
- Neither PODs or traditional publishers give you 100% of your royalties.
- Most other publishers tie you up with contracts that take away your subsidiary rights.
Here are the facts about GAP
- GAP does not take any subsidiary rights. Even better, your contract is revocable by you with just a 30 days notice. You are free to resubmit it anywhere after that.
- GAP will allow you to buy your book at cost. Our printer's cost will be less than half of what most POD's charge you. They are delivered directly to you and you receive a copy of their invoice to show your charges with no profit to GAP
- Gap ill give you 100% of your royalties. Again a statement from the printer showing your book's orders will be furnished to you.
- GAP will publish your book as "returnable" making it eligible to be stocked in chain stores.
Sounds wonderful? Now what do you need to do to get your book published by GAP?
First thing, you need to write a great book. GAP will consider any genre except pornography, text books, religious books or books that promote racial or religious hatred. Books must be at least 48 pages and not more than 700.
GAP has set a literary standard with all the books it has published already and doesn't plan to change its reputation, so we won't publish everything that is offered to us. If you feel your book is up to our standards, query by clicking here.
If GAP is interested in your book, you will then be asked to send the entire manuscript. We will review it and decide at no cost to you.